Friday, November 29, 2013

Week 4 - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

First of all, I am not a big fan of Christmas. I'm not talking about the actual day Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, which i absolutely love celebrating, but the day where the jolly fat man is thanked for all the gifts he leaves under the tree. Don't get me wrong i am thankful to just have my family around on the holidays, but when they insist on participating in the gift giving tradition, it starts to get under my skin. I actually just love the mood that surrounds Christmas, and not the gifts that are involved. What has made such an anti- gift giver is the immense amount of work that goes into trying to find the perfect gift for your family at Christmas. I feel as if my family already know i love and appreciate them, so giving them a gift ain't going to make them love me any more or less- and vice versa. This silly over commercialized tradition is just another formality you hate to participate in since most of the gifts you receive or give out are only going to receive a warm reception to the viewers eyes only. I don't know if i'm the only one who suffered having to wear clothes that don't fit, that i received as a gift, just so i don't appear rude but my jaws are tired of faking smiles to appease family member's who hated my gifts as-well.
Christmas Angst and the Psychology of Gifts
.

No comments:

Post a Comment